Armenian Genocide Commemoration observed online by City of Glendale
Glendale remembers the Armenian Genocide on April 23-24
The City of Glendale presents a video montage of past Armenian Genocide Commemoration programs at 7 p.m. April 23 to remember the 1.5 million ethnic Armenians who were killed or deported from Turkey and surrounding areas between 1915-1917.
Due to coronavirus restrictions, the city’s annual program that was originally scheduled for April 24 at the Alex Theatre was cancelled.
In addition to videos from past Alex Theatre programs, the online program will include messages from
- Glendale Mayor Vrej Agajanian
- Glendale City Councilmembers Daniel Brotman, Paula Devine, Ardashes “Andy” Kassakhian and Ara Najarian
- Los Angeles County Supervisor Kathryn Barger (5th District)
- Assemblymember Laura Friedman (D-Glendale)
- State Sen. Anthony Portantino (D-La Cañada-Flintridge)
- Rep. Adam Schiff (D-Burbank)
The city will also show a documentary “What Will Become of Us,” 7 p.m. April 24 on GTV 6 (Spectrum), Ch. 99 (AT&T).